Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pedialyte Ice Cubes

Genevieve has a touch of stomach virus that's going around.  She pushed her breakfast aside and asked for Gatorade.  What I had, instead, was frozen cubes of Pedialyte.  That stuff is so expensive, yet cheaper than hospitalized dehydration, so instead of dumping the last big bottle we got, I froze it in ice cube trays. 


Genevieve was very satisfied to suck and slurp at the cubes.  If I'm caught again with a lot of Pedialyte, I might freeze it in my popsicle molds.  My kids are still too young to handle popsicles successfully.

4 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Great idea! Why have I never thought of this. Over the years I've grimaced several times as I poured out unused pedialyte.

Feel better little girl.

Beth said...

I agree: GREAT idea! Thanks!

Janelle said...

I grimaced when I read your post title, knowing what was to follow. Be gone gross, summertime virus! Nothing strikes quite as much dread in my soul as when that g.i. business snakes its way into my home. Anyway, great idea with the cubes. I wasn't even sure that Pedialyte would freeze; it's so darn salty.

Margo said...

Janelle, I know, I DREAD stomach bugs. The Pedialyte froze reasonably well, a little liquid in the bottom of the bag.