Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Little Calico Blouse

Genevieve finally grew into a teal corduroy jumper that I bought at a thrift store years ago.  She had nothing to go with it, but I had a vision of a little calico blouse.



I had a hard time tracking down tiny flowers in colors that would suit - I had a very specific vision in my mind, although I couldn't figure out how the vision got there.

I added some length to a size 5 pattern, but the neckband turned out a bit tight (I just moved the buttons down).  It's the first time I sewed raglan sleeves, and they weren't too hard.

 
And yesterday, I traced the source of my vision:  it's my first-grade school picture from the early 80s. . . a calico blouse and a corduroy Osh-Kosh jumper.  Happy.


11 comments:

Jennifer Jo said...

It's perfect! And it gives me some ideas of what to do with the red jumper I found at the thrift store...

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

So sweet. I love the way you dress Miss G! And, the blouse is beautiful.

Rebecca said...

Oh, how sweet! The both of you.

Unknown said...

So sweet! Love the blouse, and WOW - she looks so like you at that age!!! It's the perfect autumn, girly, pretty and practical outfit : )

BLD in MT said...

Oh, how sweet! And my does your girl look strikingly like you at that age! Strikingly!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

What a beautiful little girl and a beautiful blouse.. I love floral blouses with jumpers ..so cute.
And how amazing.. that you had this vision of the little floral blouse, and you had one like it.. How sweet...

BrotherDearest said...

Vicarious much? =)

jenny_o said...

It's sweet. Isn't the memory a wonderful thing? Ignore Brother; he's just jealous of your blouse :)

Claire/Just a little less said...

Love the teal colour and the retro cuteness xo

Polly said...

I love it! So sweet and yes, it has a retro feel which I LOVE.

Anonymous said...

The blouse is lovely and perfect for the courdroy.
I remember my girls when they were small wearing courdroy. When they out grew clothes, I made many into dolls clothes including courdroy trousers for the dolls. Somehow you remind me of me.
P.S. I can't spell courdroy.