Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A Garlic Braid


Isn't it pretty?  It's local and organic, too.  Cost:  $1 per bulb, $12 total. 



I tried storing garlic in layers of newspaper in a cardboard box in our basement.  The first winter, it was fine.  The second winter it was fine. This past winter, it went bad long before I had used it up, dang-nab-it.  I think it needed the air flowing around it.  The garlic braid makes me smile every time I see it, to realize it's not some fake kitchen decor, but the real deal.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I love garlic braids, and wish to grow some and store it as a braid, too.

We don't have a basement at all, making it difficult to overwinter certain things.

Also, I LOVE to see the dishes in the drainer. While we do have a dishwasher, I rarely use it as I think I do a more efficient job by hand.

Unknown said...

Makes me want to plant some for next year! I didn't bother last fall, so I had none this year ; (
BTY, I love your counter top! So clean and shiny too!

BLD in MT said...

You know I've always admired the garlic braid, but I've never had one of my own. Looks good. Tastes even better.

Zoë said...

Thank you for the reminder! I need to plant next year's garlic.

I love a good garlic braid. Mine is ugly because I didn't take the time to clean the bulbs and trim the roots. Oh well. It matches the rest of our basement!

Unknown said...

Cute and I LOVE your counters tops! Mine are still laminate, ick...

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

I love garlic.. Your kitchen looks really pretty and love the dish strainer ..[Mine is an ole plastic one]

Sarah Barry said...

dang-nab-it....makes me laugh