So I made a little list of the Christmas essentials we want in our family. Anything else that happens is a bonus. I depend on the list to keep me focused.
1. hang & (lightly!) fill stockings
2. set up manger scene
3. get and decorate Christmas tree - hot chocolate and candy canes
4. Christmas breakfast - same as last year
5. Christmas caroling
6. make gingerbread cookies with kids
7. make chocolate dipped cracker sandwiches
8. Advent calendar
9. gifts for families, teachers, friends
Still thinking about whether to send out Christmas cards or photos.
This post is illustrated with a lovely Christmas bonus: Rachel invited Ben and me to come over and handprint Christmas balls.
Rachel's John, who is 4, dearly wanted to try my camera. So I helped him support it, but he pressed the shutter button. Funny. And very happy.
And a real part of Christmas for us this year.
(photos by John with the exception of the white hand photo I took of John.)
Linking up with Leila and Rosie's sanity collection of pretty, happy, funny real.