Saturday, February 4, 2012

International Ice Cream for Breakfast Day

This was supposed to be a quirky little mid-winter holiday.  I borrowed two waffle makers from my in-laws because I don't own any, and I've never made waffles before.  The newer waffle iron worked great and I felt like a pro.  The other one was the classic waffle issue: digging out tiny bits of sticking waffle with a chopstick.  Not fun.



But the ice cream!  The star of the morning:  it just didn't freeze in time, nor did the children eat any.  I knew they were struggling with colds, but now I know how puny-sick they are.  Genevieve informed me that she doesn't like vanilla.  Ok. . . what?!


It was still fun, and we'll try again next year.  First Saturday in February - mark your calendars!

7 comments:

maria said...

It is a Saturday breakfast here at the cottage...waffles and ice cream - yum!

Maria

Lisa said...

Margo, for Pete's sake - you should have mentioned it last night! It's too late for breakfast now - (sniff, sniff) not that I have any ice cream in the house, anyway, and the ice cream freezer isn't frozen, so I couldn't have made any.

Boohoo.

:D

Margo said...

Lisa, I know - I've had a busy week and I wasn't going to do it, but I changed my mind at the last minute for the sake of the silliness. You can make your own quirky holiday - let me know in advance and we'll join you again!

Polly said...

yes, I will mark our calenders! My mother used to do this when I had friends over for sleepovers--we stayed up giggling half he night, and in the morning we had waffles topped with ice cream. It was decadent and so fun! I still have her waffle maker and fully intend to do the same thing when my children have sleepovers.....

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

sounds yummy. Sorry the kids are not feeling well..When they dont eat ice cream...we know..they are sick.ha.. Praying they feel better soon.

Jodi Ann said...

I LOVE that idea...waffles with ice cream. best breakfast ever if you ask me :) Sad that your little ones weren't feeling well. Hope they feel better soon!

bec said...

Glad you're celebrating! To learn more see www.icecreamforbreakfastday.org