Thursday, February 9, 2012

The French Press Cozy

I was browsing through this library book last weekend and got inspired.  I made a French press cozy out of 2 pieces of a felted sweater.

Sandwiched 3 elastic cord loops between the layers, and picked out three odd buttons from my stash.  I thought the black was a good idea for my black-loving husband who drinks more coffee than I do.


It was fun sewing therapy, even though the cozy looks decidedly homemade.  But it does really keep the coffee warmer longer. 

I still haven't made a cozy for my teapot, although sometimes I design it in my head as I'm falling asleep at night.  Oh, the lovely possibilities!

6 comments:

Sarah Barry said...

What a good idea. I remember when I had a French press (before my son broke it) and it was SO HOT on the side. A cozy is the perfect way to protect yourself.

Makes me want to get another French press.

Anonymous said...

And you questioned my request for a Sigg cozy several years ago... :)

I have a tea cozy that was handmade in England (thereby actually a "tea cosy") and I love it - let me know if you want a picture or dimensions. Mine is quilted; the knit ones are fun also!

~S-I-L

Margo said...

S, I forGOT that Sigg cozy! And I didn't know the spelling difference - woops. I'd love to see your cosy.

Julie said...

Super cool! Must put this on my to-do list!

Polly said...

Love this!!!

I have been debating about whether to buy a french press and give up the coffee maker. The one minus I can see so far is that my husband sets the coffeemaker to be ready for me when I awaken (which is about 2 hours after he leaves the house--he's out EARLY). Maybe once the children are older and I'm not so pitiful in the morning.....I really think they are superior!

Margo said...

Polly, it's a luxurious morning around here when we use the French press. We have a drip coffeemaker too for the normal rush-rush morning. When we have guests, we employ both methods to make decaf and regular.