Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Little Sewing Therapy

Yesterday was an especially trying day. But at the end of the day, I had a little chunk of time to ready the binding for one of the quilts in the queue to be finished this weekend. Hopefully I can show you finished pictures next week!



But at 9:50pm, when normally I would put my machine away and think about going to bed, I suddenly realized I needed a little sewing therapy. Sewing therapy for me must be fast, fun color play, and practical. This time I made another oven hand towel. I used the template from a generous friend's stash and coincidentally, fabric from her stash as well! It's the strangest dun color, but I love it. I have enough that next time I need sewing therapy, I will find some turquoise to accent.



And I had to choose which side to put the ric rac on because when the top part is buttoned over the hand rail, part of both sides shows. Maybe you have some brilliant ideas for me? In my haste, I did not hem the linen very well, so I will be trimming threads off the towel part for a while. But I went to bed happy.

2 comments:

Simple in France said...

I wish I were more handy with sewing projects. It's a darn useful skill!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

These are so cute... I will have to make some.. Thanks for sharing your ideas..Enjoyed.