Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Yoga-Mat Bag

I started doing pilates at home on the bare wood floor.  Then I tried a thick picnic quilt.  Then I borrowed my friend's yoga mat to see if that solved the slippage issue.  Yes, it does!  A valuable tool.  So I haunted ebay until I bought a yoga mat for $10.
I have some fabulous polyester double-knit in my stash, thanks to Rebecca and, I believe, her aunt.  It was perfect for a sturdy, fun yoga-mat bag that could be flung aside on the floor and not show much dirt.


The bottom is the best part and I can't believe I forgot to take a picture! (well, yes I can, there were children yipping and bouncing nearby).  The bottom circle is a patchwork composite of the green and coral. 

I designed this happy bag by myself and, hooray! I'm pleased with all my sewing on it. 

Now I need to get back into the exercise routine - reflux blew that away after Christmas along with some pudge, but I'm feeling somewhat better these days and here comes the pudge as I eat more normally again.

3 comments:

maria said...

Wonderfully creative :) I have mine rolled up and in a corner of the living room. The bag looks very nice indeed!
m.

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I love it! Delicious colors. Hopefully the happy bag will inspire you to pilates greatness.

I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Beth said...

Good for you!! Great job!

And that cherry pie & its accompanying meal...oh my goodness, it looks fabulous!