Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cocktail Sauce is Not Just For Shrimp

It's fab on top of leftovers, made into little croquettes, dredged in flour and fried.  This leftover is Big Bear Best Rice Ever, which is, in short, a cheater risotto.  I use whatever greens I have on hand for it.


Put some ketchup in a bowl.  Add generous spoonfuls of horseradish, a slug of lemon juice, a bit of Tabasco.  Taste.  Add more horseradish.


Turn the vent fan on high so you don't smell like frying food for days.  Try to save some cocktail sauce to eat with the croquettes.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Yummmm...I love cocktail sauce! Especially with some big fat, cold Gulf shrimp (well, pre-oil spill shrimp anyway)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...horseradish. Do you mix horseradish into your deviled eggs too? That and some sweet pickle and you have southern love song right there. (None of which has much to do with cocktail sauce. Sorry, the horseradish derailed me.)

Margo said...

Punk, that is a fab idea for deviled eggs. I just usually use mayo and mustard and paprika. I'm going to try your southern love song - maybe as soon as today because it sounds so good.