Monday, May 14, 2012

The Daisy Clock That Grew On My Wall

It's the electric clock of my childhood kitchen, where its cord was tucked behind it out of sight.  But in my little workroom, there was nowhere to hide the cord.

So I hid it with a patchwork tube, sewn together at 11pm one night in a very happy burst of creativity.  It's the fastest sewing ever, with raw seams and purple thread.



I love it.  It makes me happy.  Daisies have always been special to me.


My little room is coming along nicely.  I did my first sewing in this space yesterday, Mother's Day.  Lovely.



7 comments:

Lisa said...

That's awfully cute, Margo. Nice that you are getting things together.

jem said...

Very, very creative! I hate cords hanging down too, I also hate replacing batteries, but you took care of both of those problems.

Deanna Beth said...

So cute!

Shea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Ack... that was me, signed in as my husband.

Oh my, I love it! What a darling idea. I wouldn't be surprised if you see this go viral on pinterest. Seriously!

Polly said...

That is so sweet!!! You lucky duck, having a room of your own for sewing and creating....and a room you can decorate for yourself, with things that make you happy. That's just wonderful!!!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

How cute and how creative you are.. Love it.