Thursday, March 25, 2010

Commencing Quilting



Yesterday, with my friend Rebecca as witness, I started to machine quilt Kim's quilt. A big deal for me. A really big deal. . .it's for Kim, but I love it so much, so for both those reasons I want the quilting to be next to perfect. I wanted the quilting (a new design I dreamed up) to complement the rich colors, not distract from them. Consequently, I used dark yellow thread, instead of white, so it would be more subtle.

And, so far, I'm THRILLED. I feel like a rock star. It looks so good to me!! It also seems to be going quickly, so I hope Kim will be snug under her quilt soon.

I realize the photo doesn't show quilting detail, but I promise lots of good photos when it's done. Right now I'm just happily immersed in quilting (I'm sure it will get boring in a few days - it's a full size quilt).

The daffodils are a new bunch from my friend A, picked along the lane to her farm.. . .left at my door with a bag of magazines one night. Aren't I blessed?

2 comments:

Beth said...

Lovely colors and I'm always jealous of daffodils...we had them back home in AL, but you just don't see them in our part TX!

Enjoy it all!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh, love it! Reminds me of a Gee's Bend quilt -- and that is definitely a compliment! You are a rock star!

Your daffies are beautiful too.