Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Out With the Old, In With the New

I had a pair of greasy brown hotpads that were falling apart and would not wash clean anymore. I got the idea to replace them, but alas, not in time for all the celebratory meals we hosted over the holidays.  I'm sure I was the only one who noticed.


I had fun making the new ones.  I went crazy-patch style and then zig-zagged over the top of the seams the way I've seen Zoë do.  I added some handstitching in red perle cottonfor sturdiness and the love of handwork.



12 comments:

beth s said...

lovely kitchen helpers. ;)

Julian said...

Gorgeous! Christina

Melanie said...

Beautiful :-) I love hand work, too!

Jan said...

I love the bright blue and red combination! Jx

Jan said...

I love the bright blue and red combination! Jx

Unknown said...

How cute and bright, great for winter :) You could sell something like that on Etsy too :)

jenny_o said...

I love the deep blue! These are beautiful. If I were you, I would get a little thrill every time I used them. I've had some scraps out, looking for a particular shade of blue. This would be a good time to make a small crazy quilt hotpad.

harknessangels said...

They look fantastic!

Zoë said...

Well of course I love those pot holders :) well done!

Dianna said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

So pretty..Love the polka dot fabrics mixed in..

Victoria said...

Your new pads are lovely, and believe it or not, I think the old stained one's are as well, (I like that they have a history to them, and look like they have stories to tell!)