Monday, March 12, 2012

White Pizza from Cottage Cheese

When I make pizza for supper, I usually make two and for some reason, I make a tomato-sauce pizza and a white pizza.  I've used pesto or ricotta for the sauce layer. 

This time, I whizzed cottage cheese and a garlic clove in the food processor.


I topped it with lightly steamed broccoli, some mozzarella, dill Havarti, and artichoke hearts.  It was good, but it needed more zip - minced garlic or maybe some caramelized onions.  However, no one complains about pizza around here.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I've got to remember that, like soup, pizza is a good way to use up things which are lingering in the refrigerator. That looks good.

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Cottage cheese is a great idea, and a great way to add a little extra protein to your pizza. I love white pizza.

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious! I bet some olives would be good too - I love tart olives ; )