Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What To Do with Radish Tops

I'm being more deliberate about using up my freezer stash to make way for summer preserving. 


However, I don't think I'm going to make stock again before next winter and I still have radish and carrot tops frozen for that.  One day I was musing on the movie Forks Over Knives as I made soup.  I haven't watched it, but from what I can tell, it advocates a vegan diet or at the very least, eating lots of vegetables.



So I pulled out my radish tops and flaked them into the soup.  I've started adding them to anything saucy just to use them up and be all plant-based.


My husband is making a stir-fry with bok choy tomorrow night - I've got a bag of radish tops for him to throw in. I doubt he'll be as thrilled as I am.

1 comment:

Polly said...

I need to take a lesson from you and freeze these green tops! What a good idea to incorporate them into soups and sauces--yum. I do this with fresh spinach or kale, but never considered 'tops.' Now I will.

Forks over Knives--advocates not just a vegan diet, but a low-fat, whole foods vegan diet. It was interesting to watch and formulate my own opinions--although I'd read the China Study (and I used to be vegan) a few years ago, so it was't *news* to me, but it was interesting nonetheless.