Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Patchwork Blender Cover for Aunt Nancy

Because my mom gave her some of my patchwork hotpads for Christmas.  And Aunt Nancy says she loves my patchwork.


Serendipitously, my friend Caryn was showing me some of her mother's old patterns and lo, there was a 1970s blender cover!


I plopped the blender cover on my tableclothed table, ready to be set for dinner guests.


This was the first time I had success topstitching bias binding in place.  Usually I sew it on one side and finish it on the other side with handstitching.  However, I carefully got double-fold commercial bias tape because one side is slightly wider than the other.  That side goes underneath when you're pinning up the seam - then when you topstitch the top edge, the stitches catch the slightly wider edge underneath and neatly sandwich the raw edge.  Now I'm itching to bind more things.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That would extremely well in my kitchen.