Friday, March 30, 2012

My Favorite Birthday Gift

I confess that Ben was making a hotpad for Uncle Graham.  I asked him if he would consider giving the beautiful hotpad, his very first, to me since my birthday was a few days away and he could make another one for Uncle Graham.

Ben very sweetly said yes.


I am shameless.  But a mother has to look out for her own memories, right?

Ben wrapped the hotpad himself and I pretended to be very surprised when I opened it over breakfast in a little sunny cafe. 


I asked him to hold the hotpad so I could take a photo.  He did all the color selection for the weft.  I steered him to all white for the warp.  And look, Deanna Beth, I wove it with every other strand instead of every two.

My birthday was a lovely, peaceful day.  The sun came out, but we got a little shower too.  I had an entire hot fudge sundae with salted caramel and black cherry ice cream and by the end, it was just too much.  There was a little boutique shopping, a morning snooze and read on the sofa, and a bit of sewing.  My loved ones were with me, my loved ones called me and texted me.  Too bad I don't have another birthday until next year. . .

8 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Belated Happy Birthday.
What a lovely hot pad.. and such a sweet little boy to make and give it to his mom..[dont blame you at all Mom...I would want the first one too.ha]
Proud you had such a lovely birthday..

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect day : ) Luckily, I think you could probably have a few more like it - even if it's not your birthday. You can call them "Mom's Love" days, or something ; )

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Ahhh, what a dreamy day! And, yes, you do have to look out for your own memories! Good mama.

Happy birthday.

Tracy said...

Happy belated birthday!

Deanna Beth said...

Hey, look at that pretty thing! Well done, little Ben! I wouldn't change a thing. And happy birthday to my friend, Margo. But, ah, you are not yet divisible by ten....

Margo said...

In 3 years, DB!!

BLD in MT said...

How sweet! Happy birthday! I am so delighted that you enjoyed yourself so.

Sarah Barry said...

happy belated birthday to you! glad it was such a special day.

the hotpad - a perfect gift!