Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Cutter Quilt

I bought a big old quilt for $2.  Some patches were completely worn through and the whole thing was worn and faded.  The prints were charming, however, and I still felt the magnetism of that unmatched patchwork.


I immediately thought: hotpads!


It was the perfect handwork at our church women's retreat over the weekend.  When I returned home, I replaced some very greasy, stained hotpads in my drawer with great satisfaction.


And there are two sets in the shop, too!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great idea! I love looking at the colors and prints in old patchwork quilts like that. Even though the colors aren't matching, they compliment and contrast with each other so beautifully ; )

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea. I always feel that it is sacrilege to cut up a quilt, but then they are to be used - any way they need to :)

Blessings,

maria

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Such an excellent idea.. Love the new pot holders..

BLD in MT said...

That is a brilliant re-purposing job, I must say. What a wonderful idea!

Deanna Beth said...

What a good idea for saving the art for another day.

Sarah Barry said...

oh man i do love patchwork. cute hotpads.