Saturday, March 5, 2011

Little Treats

A new hankie for me ($1).

As I bought it, a lady leaned over and asked me conspiratorially what I do with my hankies?  I think she was looking for craft ideas.  I looked her straight in the eye and told her I blow my nose in them.


Another treat: a new bar of soap, from Cypress Lake Soap; smells heavenly and feels so good in my hand. 


And then a cup of tea I requested from my husband, which he embellished with orange slices and a saucer. 

It keeps me going while I take an online master's class in special education.  It's the final step before a state teaching certificate and it's keeping me very busy writing papers, reading, and commenting on discussions.  I cannot say I am enjoying the online format, but the final goal is a good one, so I'm moving forward.
 Little treats help!

10 comments:

Jennifer Jo said...

Ha! The hankie story is hilarious!

I didn't know you're taking classes! When will you be done? Does this mean you'll soon be going to work full-time?

What a sweetie husband to think of tea enhancements!

Janelle said...

Yeah, do share your professional ambitions! I'm toying with ideas of re-certification and the like ...

Tracy said...

Hankies, soap, tea...I do hope you're not feeling under the weather from burning the candle too short!

life in this 1880 farmhouse said...

Wow i had no idea you were doing schooling.My 19 year old is third year University and this term is doing online classes as home. Since all my kids did online high school she finds it a breeze, That said Calculus online for grade 11 sucks! Take it from the helper.

Unknown said...

Yes! I love real hankies. I like to keep a pretty little white embroidered one in my purse.

Margo said...

I'm not doing a master's program - I just have to take one class in special ed. to satisfy the state before they will certify me to teach secondary English. I taught already for several years, but it was in a private school that did not require certification. I've also taught some ESL classes, too. I think the certification business is a bunch of garbage and has very little to do with good teaching.

My husband's job situation is not ideal, so we're being practical: a teacher is more employable than an architect right now! But actually, I don't want to work outside our home. I want to be a homemaker with a little etsy business on the side.

Jacinta said...

What?! You use hankies to "blow your nose"? That is just unheard of! ;)
Hankies do it for me, not a tissue fan. I've had hayfever all my life so just always make sure to have one with me in my bag at all times.
Hope the job situation works out so that you get what you want! xo

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh, yes, little treats do help indeed... very much. Hang in there!

A said...

Um...What are those things to the right of the hankie on the line? With no other explanation I'm going to have to go with them being two of, what I assume, is a very large collection of bright and fancy underwear!

Margo said...

dear A, my undies are gorgeous, yes, but those things on the line are just hankies as well.