Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm Not Irish, But. . .

I cook corned beef with cabbage every year on St. Patrick's Day.  It's just a fun ritual, a rhythm, and really good food.  I started doing this a few years ago when I noticed that corned beef always went on sale the week before March 17.  Next year I'm going to start from scratch, thanks to Natasha's directions.  Sometimes we invite friends, and this was one of those years, so I didn't snap any photos mid-dinner.  I did want to put this On the Record as what we like to do on St. Patrick's Day.



Menu:corned beef cooked with cabbage, onions, and carrots - brown mustard on the side
garlic mashed potatoes
Irish soda bread (sometimes I make lemon curd too)

apple crisp with whipped cream spiked with Irish cream whiskey

and of course, beer, and maybe a leetle more Irish cream for the coffee

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's one of my favorite meals! I often crave it in the middle of winter : )

Beth said...

Yummmm! Have never had corned beef and cabbage, but I am SURE I'd like it, especially with all the amazing fixin's you included!!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

You're so fun!!!! And, what a great way to entertain.