Now my time is broken into fragments with family life. What works for me is to use the little time slots for little jobs, such as:
1. Fill the Brita water filter in the fridge.
2. Put away dishes that have air-dried in the drainer.
3. Fold laundry. I sort the clean clothes and put them in a basket in the appropriate bedroom, so this is a task that can be done piecemeal.
4. Open mail, tossing unneeded stuff in the recycling bin in the hall.
5. Fold and straighten the quilt and blanket on the sofas.
6. Empty the kitchen compost bucket into the backyard composter.
7. Remove receipts from my wallet, recording or recycling as needed.
8. Shake the sand out of the rug by the back door and tidy up the shoe rack there.
Sometimes I have a hard time switching off the 5-minute-slot mentality, and I find myself frittering away a long stretch of time that could be used for a project.
What do you do with your 5-minute slots?