Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Life for the Houndstooth Shirt

Remember the collar that I turned on my husband's houndstooth shirt?  Well, he loved that shirt and wore it clean out.  The turned collar was fraying again, the cuffs were frayed, and one day, he put his finger right through the old-fragile fabric. I pounced on that shirt for its fabric - soft cotton, black and white houndstooth.


And along came an etsy customer who requested a black, white, and hot pink pencil roll for her little girl.

I couldn't resist buying and adding the cupcake fabric - it's so grown-up cute. A little girl will see delicious cupcakes, an adult will see the clever circus colors and mod design.


I'm keeping the cupcakes secret from my own girl while I ponder what to make her with the delectable remnant I have left.

4 comments:

Deanna Beth said...

Completely adorable!

Lisa said...

Nice! Very cute.

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Yummy!

That first photo is very, very nice. Love the depth of field.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

So cute... Cant wait to see what you do with the cup cake remenant..