Monday, July 18, 2011

The Cobbler's Family is Shod

So satisfying to apply my talents to my family's needs, not just my etsy shop, which has been humming recently.

Here my husband was fixing a drill and I was putting new velcro on Ben's shoe straps.


Then later I had a bit of sorely-needed sewing therapy.  Ahhhhh.  Much better!


I'm getting close to the end of the handquilting for the Klara Annabella thanks to dragging it to a reunion and swimming lessons, but for now, I have to turn my attention to sewing madly for a craft show stint coming up.  And packing for the beach! And planning a party and a dinner for a dear friend!  And then, my family gets hungry and dirty too!

I am a naturally highstrung person, so I have to keep calming myself down and reminding myself to enjoy what I'm doing and everything will be lovely.

6 comments:

The Heritage Farmgirl said...

I am high strung too. Only in energy. I can go long after everyone has collapsed. Good for you fixing Ben's shoes. I often have to repair Dearest hockey equipment. At the cost we pay for the equipment it should last longer then it does. Velco is a wonderful tool for fixing different hockey items.

I have moved...lack of picture space. Her is my new blog. Marlyn

Tracy said...

I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Polly said...

I'm high-strung too!! I also have to give myself specific instructions to Calm Down.

Getting things done for the family feels so good, doesn't it?! And I love your observation that they get dirty and hungry. I sort of love the fact that so much of my life has to do with cleaning and feeding dear ones!

I envy you the beach trip! Ahhhhhh......

A said...

High strung? How have you managed to hide this for almost 20 years? Are you one of those people who get very calm on the outside when you're clacking along on the inside, like when we speak to our children in very, very low tones it means we're boiling with rage in our heads? I view you as my calm, level-headed, get-it-done friend. I look forward to psycho-analyzing this at the beach :)

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I love the last paragraph... I think, from time to time, we all have to calm ourselves down and remember to enjoy what we're doing.

You are a busy little bee. I can't wait to see your quilt.

Margo said...

A, perhaps you are more highstrung than me? More likely, you have a calming effect on me. I mean, I have told you often how much better I feel when I spill all my troubles to you. xoxo