I traced a bib Phoebe has. I used a scrap of the clothesline fabric from Genevieve's nightie, backed it with red gingham, and put a scrap of bamboo batting in the middle. I had purchased bamboo batting to make nursing pads because it is supposed to be super absorbent. I put the fabric layers right sides together with the batting on bottom, sewed them around the edges leaving a hole to turn the whole thing right side out. Then I topstitched to close the hole and give a neat look (note to self: put the hole on a straight edge, not a curved edge, for easier closing). Then, the handwork!
I outlined the clouds in blue floss in backstitch, the one embroidery stitch I have memorized. I love the effect, although the backstitch is not as pretty on the back, so the bib is not really reversible like it would be if I had just used a big-stitch quilting effect in perle cotton. (photos courtesy of my husband via my phone)