Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Phoebe at the Reunion

First, she met Aunt Maggie.


Later, she took her nap in a Moses basket on top of a vintage baby quilt from Rebecca.  The big kids got entirely soaked with water balloons and when they ran out of those, they used cups of water straight from the fountain.  I wish I had a picture of them.  They dried smelly and tired, but very happy and enthusiastic about distant cousins.


She's in the 99th percentile for height - can you tell? 
We had a little family auction to keep money in the bank for caterers and pavilion rentals.  I made a set of potholders, which turned out Amish-y with the solid colors and the black. I was flattered when my mother's cousin from Holland bid them up high and bought them.


photo by Ben, who held the camera still and made a nice composition

I met a cousin's wife who sews bags and was pleased to find out that they live blocks away from us and our daughters get along great.

I took some jars of pickled beets for the auction and also the potluck, having canned a "gallon" from a generous farmer.  The "gallon" was probably more like 2 gallons, so I am over-supplied.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She's getting so big! Great to keep those family connections :)

sk said...

That's an adorable vinyl dolly in there (the plastic leg creases).

Sarah Barry said...

Phoebe is changing so fast! She's so adorable in that little Moses basket.

As always, I'm a fan of your pot holders! My cousin is planning to make a solid block quilt for baby when he or she arrives.

jenny_o said...

Such adorable photos of baby Phoebe! Does she always have that knowing look? She seems quite serious!

I love the potholders.

Family reunions can be so much fun. Glad yours turned out that way.

Leila said...

Hooray for cousins!!