Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I Made Myself a Pair of Socks

Phoebe is modeling my socks - more interesting than my modeling, I assure you.



I am really curious to wear my own knitted socks.  The people I have made socks for (my kids) love them, and I like wool socks in the winter, so will I like my own handmade socks?  It's starting to get cold enough to think of long underwear and wool socks.  I'll report back!
Balloon's from Genevieve's birthday
I got the yarn for these socks at A.C. Moore.  It's self-striping, and I love the colors.  I used Wise Hilda's Basic Ribbed Socks, although I forgot the ribbing along the top of one foot.  Oh well. 

5 comments:

Becky said...

They look fantastic! I've knit socks for my family, but I've to knit them for myself. I'm currently working on a pair for my girl, but I keep putting them down to finish her shawl. I have too many projects of tiny, tight little stitches for them to move quickly. C'est la vie!

sillygirl said...

I like that your socks are "individualizes" from each other.

Christy said...

Just in time for today's cold weather!! They look fabulous! Please give a report how you like them. =)

Margo said...

Christy, I'm wearing them today! They're very warm and pretty comfortable - the yarn is a little more rustic than commercial wool socks, but I'm okay with it. However, the socks are loose. I would knit them a little shorter on the foot length next time.

Katie said...

I LOVE my own knitted socks. Love them. They are so soft and cushy, and the wool is so warm. They are worth the trouble.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails