Friday, November 18, 2016

A Little Knitted Vest

As I explained last year, I do not enjoy shoving baby arms (todder arms now!) into sleeves.  Especially two sets of long sleeves.  So I prefer to keep Phoebe warm with vests over long-sleeved shirts.
I found a sweet vest pattern that is knitted on straight needles (easy) but has no seams to sew up afterwards (also easy).  I managed to mis-count my rows, however, so that I ended up with a buttonhole on each side of the yoke.  The yarn is too chunky to just shove a small button through a gap somewhere, so I puzzled and puzzled over what to do.  I'm quite pleased with my solution of a kilt pin through the yoke.

I knit this vest on regular-length knitting needles and constantly had to push push push to get the volume of stitches to stay on the needles.  So I bought a new, extra-long pair of needles, because, yes, I love this red vest so much that I have started another.  This one is a cloudy blue-grey which should make Phoebe's blue eyes even bluer.

For both vests, I bought two 90-yard skeins of Loops & Threads Cozy Wool which is 50% acrylic, 50% wool and comes cheap from Michael's with coupons.

 Again with the blurry photos.  Because she has work to do!  Lots of work taking apart this place and getting into things and getting things out and strewing things around!

9 comments:

Jennifer Jo said...

She is so grown up!

beth s said...

That's one of my favorite patterns! Great job, and....what a sweetie!

obscure said...

she is the sweetest!

e said...

Girl is BUSY! She looks like a trendy supermodel toddler in the first picture! Haha, just kidding. She looks like a girl on a mission... Thanks for sharing!

Polly said...

I LOVE that vest! It's darling!!! But not as darling as your girl. What a cutie.

Becky said...

So cute! I kinda want to knit myself a vest like that now too.

Nancy In Boise said...

Great job and I love her boots! What brand are those?

Margo said...

Little Homestead, thanks! I looked all over the boots and I can't find a brand name at all! They were hand-me-downs from a friend.

jenny_o said...

Being a toddler is hard work, but somebody has to do it ...

That is a sweet vest, and Phoebe is so cute in it. I often find that only my back is cold - I should try a vest, too!