The right person for this three-tier job will provide support to other team members to gain increased efficiencies and profitabililty by possessing skills in the following areas:
1. Prepare three meals daily for team members, using proper nutritional balances, fresh ingredients, and various ethnic styles. Must demonstrate skill within budgetary limitations. Nutritious snacks as requested. Occasional gourmet meals for visiting guests. Provide on-the-job training to junior staff. Tasks may include other aspects of coordinating and maintaining a 24-hour kitchen and dining room.
2. Maintain inventory including, but not limited to, the following categories: clothes, food, cleaning agents, office supplies, garden supplies. Demonstrate skill within budgetary limitations and stock rotation. Purchase new equipment and supplies as needed for maximum efficiency. Car and company credit card supplied.
3. Manage all aspects of laundry, including training junior staff and acquiring new garments as needed to surmount growth spurts, stains, carelessness, and changing styles. Experience with mending required.
4. Ensure optimal cleanliness and appearance in building, supervising junior staff as needed. Daily tidying encouraged. Organize and perform weekly cleaning as well as periodic deep cleaning.
5. Manage incoming paper and mail daily so that other team members can locate their papers up to one year later. Schedule appointments as needed. Handle accounts payable.
6. Manage social calendar, maintaining appropriate stature in neighborhood, school, church, and general acquaintances. Explore and initiate proper enrichment activities for junior staff. Transport junior staff as needed.
7. Provide assistance to the Significant Team Member as requested. Duties and hours vary. Flexibility and cooperation is key.
8. Provide assistance to junior staff as requested. Unlimited hours. Patience and kindness required.
An ideal candidate can perform these duties enthusiastically, consistently, and skillfully.
Daily hours: 6am-9pm, breaks by chance only, on call 24 hours a day
No salary. No sick days. Benefits package includes contentment, frustration, love, antidepressants, and coffee. Health insurance provided through Significant Team Member (we hope). Disability insurance and 401-k provided through junior staff's future careers and largesse.
No opportunity for advancement.
|Photos on this post from a trip we took to New York which included the Staten Island Ferry and Central Park.|
And the job I was looking for? I landed several freelance editing contracts that are just right. I am still getting the hang of working from home, but in general, we are doing well and I am very pleased.