Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Put My Pearls in a Seashell

My dear children are forever giving me things.  It is so so generous and endearing, but what on earth do I do with them all?

Here is a seashell that Genevieve picked up at the beach and played with for a while.  One evening she arranged a "show" for my husband and me, and in her charming logic, there were prizes at the end of the show. This seashell was one of my prizes.


 
I put my pearls in it on my dresser tray.  These are cultured pearls I bought for myself when I was 18 and newly pierced.  Originally they were quite expensive, but I bought them for 80%-off because the jewelry store was going out of business.  I wore them to the pearl party and told the story of how I talked my dad into ripping up my bedroom floor for me because I thought one had gone down a crack; I found it just in time, thank goodness.  I treasure my pearls.

The pearls snuggled in the seashell make me happy.  But boy, you can see the dust on the photo.  I didn't do my Friday cleaning last week because I was reserving all my returning strength for the pink paint.  Tomorrow, it will be clean!

4 comments:

jenny_o said...

That is such a perfect use for your daughter's shell. Your earrings look so ... at home ;)



Sarah Barry said...

Isn't it great to have the perfect little place for something so treasured?! Also, I adore your tray that all these things are stored on. So pretty.

Sew Blessed Maw said...

Genevievie is the most adorable child.. How sweet that she chose to give little gifts.. What a treasured gift, and how clever that mom made a special showcase of those "special" pearl ear rings. I just know that Genevievie will remember this always..
ps I couldn't see dust at all. Looks beautiful..

ChatterBlossom said...

That is a super cute idea to hold your pearls! Love it!
-Jamie
ChatterBlossom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails