Friday, January 6, 2012

Breakfast Pizza Like You've Never Seen It Before

Pam Anderson has exploded my idea of pizza.  The concept comes from her new book, Cook Without a Book.  Her breakfast pizza is a regular yeasted pizza dough, spread with cream cheese, and topped with fruit and nuts.  Then it's baked at high heat like a pizza.


First I followed Pam's directions and made a blackberry pizza with lemon zest and almonds. So pretty! But it needed a little more cheesy goo, in my opinion. 


I made another pizza with a little more cream cheese, apples, hazelnuts, and a light sprinkling of sharp cheddar cheese.  Cinnamon sugar on top.  It was really good!

I am very excited to try this out in summer when fresh fruits abound. Just think of beautiful tomatoes on this pizza, with some feta, and some flecks of basil. Or peaches with almonds and cheddar. . .I wonder if bananas would get a little caramelized in the 450 degree oven?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! I love breakfast pizza! We really like scrabbled eggs, cheese, bacon, and tomatoes on ours....the guys like ham and pineapple (not very exciting)...and the kids like anything that makes a face ; )

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

uuuumh.. looks yummmy.. I have made the breakfast pizza and it is very good..
I am definitely gonna try the fruit and nuts.. I love the idea of adding some cheese, since apples and cheese ,just go together!!!

Beth said...

Yum! Very interesting!

I like the pencil roll a lot.

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Seriously, I wonder how my family would react it I plopped a pizza in front of them for breakfast! Your pizzas sound and look so delicious that I just might rock their world a bit. And, I'm definitely going to hunt this book down at the library!

Rebecca said...

Hey! How 'bout a little nut butter with the cream cheese and bananas on top which I bet would caramelize up a storm.

A said...

So...Pam Anderson is 'Pam' Anderson and not 'Pamela' Anderson? Cause if it's one and the same I've VERY impressed with the diversity of her creative activities.

Margo said...

A, two different people. It took me a while to say the cookbook author's name without disbelief.

Polly said...

Yummy! We have a book by her--it's How to Cook without a Book, I think. I don't think it has breakfast pizza (but I'm not sure?!). It has frittata though--she taught me to make that, and also lo mein, back when I was in law school.

I love the concept of cooking without a book. And being taught to do so by, you know, a book.

Margo said...

Polly, there's an older version called How to Cook Without a Book. This one is Cook Without a Book: Meatless Meals. It just came out recently.
But I love Pam Anderson and her approach to cooking! I like thinking of you making frittatas in late at night in law school. . .