Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A Calico Tunic for Phoebe

 Phoebe does really love her leggings, so I bought her a stripey pair as a Christmas stocking stuffer and found some blue calico in my stash to make her a tunic. In fact, all the materials for this tunic were on hand.

I have used this pattern before for Genevieve. 

As I sorted through notions for the tunic, I discovered the most astonishing matching flannel, a scrap I have had in my stash for years and enjoyed looking at.


Look! It matches like the calico and flannel came from the same fabric line in 1970! Different fabrics bought as scraps from different stores, marinating in my stash for years, joined in such happiness. I just love it. Phoebe does too!

10 comments:

e said...

I love the serendipity of the scrap bag! That is wonderful! I think I may have a piece of that calico in my own scrap bag...
Phoebe looks lovely and how great that she loves her new outfit!

Leisha said...

It's gorgeous! Love how you still make clothes for the kids . This is so special! As are those matching fabrics !

Christy said...

Just so cute and adorable in every way...especially with the violin!

Hattie said...

Phoebe's ensemble is absolutely charming! Lucky girl
to have such a talented mother.

Becky said...

Scrap bag for the win! This is adorable. Phoebe has such a great wardrobe.

Margo said...

"Serendipity" - yes! I have a lot of 70s calico, frankly, because I love it so.

Margo said...

Thank you! My older two are not that interested in homemade clothes anymore - fun to still have a youngster...

Margo said...

Ha! Thought you would like that ;)

BLD in MT said...

You joy is delightful! (So is the tunic.) Those fabrics really do belong together. Actually, everything--buttons and zipper included. How spectacular! Superb music practice outfit. Also, I love the idea of fabrics "marinating" in the stash. Excellent phrasing.

Lisa said...

How cute! And the yellow zipper! Perfect.