Friday, July 6, 2018

Phoebe's Easter Dress

When was Easter? April? Well, Easter Sunday was pleasantly warm around here and Phoebe actually wore the little outfit that I had fun making her.  And then, Sundays were chilly or we were away or because I rarely stage photo shoots for my blog, it was not until June that I actually got pictures of her to document the outfit.


The pattern is McCall's 8121 (used for Phoebe before) and I added  yellow bias-tape ruffles to the bloomers because how could I not?

 I recall that I was aiming for a little French girl in the spring, but where my inspiration came from is a mystery to me.  So the fabric is a lovely slubby blue cotton - very soft and fine.  The dress is quite plain with striped buttons down the back.  I used black elastic and more bias tape to make a bright headband to go with it.  The flowers are sort-of poppies with their black bias-tape centers.  

On Easter, she wore knee socks - I adore the classic look of little girls in dresses and knee socks.  She also did wear a black cardi on Easter, too. 


But now it's summer! And nobody is thinking about Easter. Phoebe wears her sleeveless dress now with sandals. 



3 comments:

Jennifer Jo said...

I love your hat! And your curls!!!!!

e said...

That little dress looks so cool and summery! I'll bet she's getting plenty of use out of it. Very cute! Love the 'fascinator'... ok, flowered headband.
:^)

jenny_o said...

What a wonderful family picture! Love the little dress and matching headband, too. Just so cute!