Tuesday, June 19, 2018

A Tulip Shift for Phoebe

I had this nice big piece of chambray left from Genevieve's sundress, and Phoebe still needed some play clothes. 

I used some of Laura's pretty scraps, plus some rick rack and pink bias tape to a tulip with a stem and leaf.  There needed to be rick-rack on the back of the dress, too, because rick-rick.   I am really pleased with how it turned out! 

Except that, my, they wore their dresses short in the 70s. This is the same pattern I used to make her anchor shirt.  I put little shorts or leggings under this shift for Phoebe - I suppose I could see if I have enough scraps to make a pair of bloomers, but I'm on to other things now. Just trying to keep up with blogging it all!

11 comments:

Hazel said...

Love the tulip!

Alica said...

Lovely!

Becky said...

So cute!
I for one, could pull off a shorter skirt back in the 70's.

BLD in MT said...

What a charming little vintage outfit for your little cutie pie!

e said...

So cute and so summery! I hope she gets lots of wear out of it.

jenny_o said...

So sweet and I love the rick rack repetition on the back. Little peoples' fashions seem to follow those of their parents, don't they!

Margo said...

Thanks for the dress love!!

(I have not been getting blog comments via email - it's a Blogger issue and this is a test comment to see if the patch they suggested will fix the issue)

Margo said...

Another test comment.

BLD in MT said...

I hadn't been getting comments either, Margo! For months it seemed. I thought my friends were just busy with spring! ;) I'd be curious about this patch if you had any success with it.

Margo said...

BLD, it's working again! What I did was delete my email address from the settings section for comments. Hit save. Then go back in and select your email address from "contacts" and save again. Now I'm getting notification emails. Good luck!

Sarah Barry said...

Mini Boden is going to recruit you as a designer. Too cute, the dress and the girl in it!

Also, I'm so glad I came across the convo in the comments about not receiving comment notifications via email. I'm having the same problem. I'm going to try and reset mine.