Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Phoebe, Working in Her Anchor Shirt

Well, wow.  I did not mean to stop blogging 3 weeks ago.  I really did not.  It's just that someone always needs something around here and what I need takes a back seat.  Well, I need to blog.  I've got so much to tell you and show you!

Let's start with some happy photos of Phoebe in a new little shirt I made her from fabric from Laura's boxes.  It was not quite wide enough for this little shirt - I had to piece the sides.  I also used some piping from Laura's boxes on the neck and pocket and finished the hem with bias tape, although Phoebe was much too busy to stop and let me show you. 


I'm very pleased with this simple shirt.  Phoebe needs some summer clothes because my source of hand-me-downs up and moved to Canada (hi Mary Anne!).  I could buy clothes at the store, I know, but it's infinitely more fun to root through my fabric and patterns and sew for my little girl, especially since my big girl might be moving on from mom-made clothes.



Phoebe, by the way, was felled by a very nasty stomach flu after these photos were taken.  She's still not back to normal, although I think we're getting there (and let's pause and reflect on how much of my time went to that whole process - I say that by way of explanation for blog silence, not bitterness). 

It's sobering to see my sunny little bird lying in bed all day with a white face. So I'm really enjoying these photos of her working hard in her little anchor shirt.


5 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a great shirt - like a tunic, really cute. But she sure grew in three weeks, I think. She looks like a big girl now!

Becky said...

That top is adorable! Stomach bugs are the worst - we're getting over one here too.
My girl has outgrown the mama-made, but is starting to want to make her own, so that's a happy development!

Jenny said...

Your littlest is looking like quite the big girl. How nice to have all that fabric for a cute shirt, and someone for whom to sew! I'm glad she's feeling better.

e said...

Adorable child in an adorable top... Glad she's feeling better.
(Is it just me, or does one of the models on the pattern look just like your little bird?) :-)

jenny_o said...

I love that top! It's just so fresh and spring-y looking.

Seeing my kids sick was always an anxiety-making time for me. It's a part of child-rearing that I don't miss at all :)