The pattern gave me a high-necked dress with puffed sleeves. I looked like a dreadful 1980s Mennonite maiden - not my vision! I nearly chucked it in the thrift store bag. Rebecca talked my off the cliff by suggesting I re-cut the neckline. I took the dress on and off many many times as I snipped a neckline, checked it, snipped again, checked it. Finally, I liked it. I made new facings by laying newspaper on top and tracing the neckline.
For the sleeves, I relied on ikat bag's helpful post on sleeves to explain what makes some fit closely and fit better. Essentially, I flattened out the curve on top of the sleeve to reduce the puffiness. I was able to reduce the puff significantly, while still keeping the ease that I needed for songleading, the first event where I wore this dress.
I also tried on the dress multiple times to take in the waistline darts and loosen up the hip area. So many fitting issues!
The linen was rough and scratchy when I started making the dress, but I handled it so thoroughly that it turned soft and buttery by the time I was ready to wear it.
I do like the dress, especially with the chunky bracelet I got at the thrift store for $2 and the merino wrap my mother-in-law got in India. But I doubt I'll have the patience to sew this pattern again!