Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Patch to Make Me Happy

I caught my sleeping shorts on a cabinet pull and punched a hole in them.  Drat.

Then I patched them, with a flower from the vintage sherbet pillowcase.  Happiness.

I just realized there is a sea change in my life:  I get a bigger thrill from fixing my clothes than I do from buying new ones. Wow.

On another note, school is off to a rocky start for Genevieve.  I'll be back to report, with pictures from her cheery first day which rapidly went downhill. Sighhhh.

5 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh dear, a rocky start... we can identify.

Happy flower, indeed.

Kristen said...

It is a happy thing to be able to mend your own clothes. Sorry for the rocky start. We are starting preschool next week and hoping for smooth sailing. We'll see...

Deanna Beth said...

Rocky start? Ah, I've heard a few of those back-to-school stories this year. Looking forward to the stories of perseverance and success to follow.

You Can Call Me Jane said...

I smile every time I look at my oven mitt and see the little square patches that I sewed over places it was tearing. The patches are from fabric I used to make my children's quilts. They don't match the oven mitt fabric but I love them nonetheless.

I had some really rocky starts to school in my early years as well- oh, I empathize! Thankfully, they evened out for me and before long I was loving school. Here's to hoping it's the same for Genevieve.

Sarah Barry said...

I too get a thrill from not buying things but fixing and preserving the old. Its so liberating sometimes.