Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ben's Job

This was Ben's idea - I think it started because the trash cans have wheels.  He is entranced by wheels.  I would not have thought of this job for a 3 1/2 year old.

He pulls the empty trashcans in from the curb


the whole way back to their hiding place.


Our house is three apartments - we live in one - so he gets to pull two or three trashcans every week, plus heft a few recycling bins.


He loves it.  I love seeing his eager face and his satisfaction at doing a real, helpful job. 


Before Ben, my husband and I would put off bringing in the trashcans, just pulling them into the passageway in front of the gate; sometimes they would stay there until the next trash day, blocking any stray idea to wheel out our bikes.  It's amazing the energy a household gets from doing jobs in a timely manner! 

Pin It

5 comments:

Christian @ Modobject at Home said...

Smile. My boys love this job as well.

Kristen (by the book paper) said...

That is amazing! That is so great that he is so proud of himself, and what a great help to you!

BLD in MT said...

Well, that is just plain awesome. Good for Ben!

Beth said...

this is fun to see.

I don't know what I'd do without my girls' help!

Lisa said...

What a good boy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails