Thursday, May 24, 2018

Phoebe's Piece Bag Dress

Continuing the theme to dress Phoebe for the summer from my stash. . . I limited myself to my piece bag for this one.  It was fun! I thought at first I would do sherbet colors, but somehow, I was irresistibly drawn to Amish colors.  I call this Phoebe's Amish sundress, which is a hoot because they would never mix colors like this, wear sleeves or flounces like this; no part of this is Amish except my imagination.



Phoebe likes this dress because she can put it on so easily and it just floats around her (privately, I think the dress looks like it's wearing her, but since she's just a little kid playing, we'll let it pass).

As you can see from the photos, the dress is seeing some serious play time. This is Phoebe's new little sandbox that her daddy made her for her birthday.  She turned three while she was sick, and we had to postpone her birthday party twice, but we gave her the sandbox on her birthday.  And it brought a smile to her sick little face and she dabbled in it.  Tomorrow, finally, is the birthday party!


7 comments:

Becky said...

That particular style is my favorite skirt style to make! In part, because you can use scraps. I've yet to graduate to a dress version, but now you have me thinking....
Glad Phoebe is feeling better.

e said...

Poor little poppet! I'm glad she is feeling better.

The dress is perfect! I remember being that age and hating any restrictive clothing... heck, I still hate it! This is a perfect dress for an active 3 year old. Three!!!

Tammy said...

I made so many of those dresses for my daughter when she was that age and up to around 5/6, using that exact pattern and one other. So fun. My daughter lived in those dresses and they were so worn out when she was through with them! :D

Tammy said...

A few examples I happened to blog about:

http://lovetocrochetandknit.blogspot.com/2012/04/sewing-up-storm.html

http://lovetocrochetandknit.blogspot.com/2012/05/sewing-pillowcase-nightie.html

Lana said...

I see other piece bag dresses in Phoebe's future! The years of sewing for little girls is so short so enjoy!

Last Friday morning as we were leaving town to go visit our son and family for the weekend we saw an Amish family in Chick fil A here in SC. We have been wondering about them ever since.

BLD in MT said...

Excellent use of the scraps!!

jenny_o said...

So cute!

A sandbox is such a great idea for a gift.