Sunday, December 10, 2017

Phoebe Rocks Her Vintage Sunday Coat and Bonnet

This coat and bonnet on our little Phoebe-bird is so perfect. Rebecca found the coat and bonnet and, wait for it, overall snowpants, while I was pregnant with Phoebe. I remember our delight over the style of the whole thing: the pleats, pearly buttons, blonde fur collar, the bonnet the bonnet the bonnet.

Phoebe was not yet named, was not yet known to be a blonde firecracker with charming manners, but this coat planted a vision in my mind of such a little girl.  And here she is.  I have no more words for how much I love her.





13 comments:

Lisa said...

She looks like something out of Dickens. So cute!

Becky said...

Darling. Just so darling.

Christy K. said...

Wow. Stunning.

e said...

What a perfect find! And, it is absolutely perfect on her!

I love your description of her: a blonde firecracker with charming manners. So much love!

Lana said...

Love, love, love!

Thirty four years ago I made a black and white tweed wool coat and hat for our oldest daughter. It is very much like yours. Now the granddaughters have worn it, too!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!!

Susan

Anonymous said...

I love the red shoes!


Coleen

jenny_o said...

So delightful! Isn't it funny how things work out? Adorable!

Rachel said...

EEEEEEEEE!!! She's so very very dear.

Betty said...

She definitely rocks that outfit. So very sweet!

Nancy In Boise said...

That is such a great ensemble! nice job

Lynn D. said...

I went to 2nd grade in Chicago in the fifties. The wind off of Lake Michigan made the winters bitterly cold. I hade a coat and hat like this and the snow pants which we called leggings. The worst fight I had with anyone in my life was with my mother when she wanted me to wear leggings one day. None of the cool kids had to wear them. You couldn't move in them and the wool was scratchy. We didn't seem to have tights in those days.

BLD in MT said...

Swoon!! Oh, what a classic, timeless, adorable outfit for your adorable little one! I'm with you--that bonnet!!! Oh goodness, swoon!!!