My commercial ironing board cover was ironed to literal shreds. I had a length of funny fabric in my stash that I bought just because I loved it. It's got scenes of a retro family and their pets grooming themselves for the day. Would this make a shower curtain? Toiletry bag? Not sure how other people would use this fabric, but I made a double-sided ironing board cover. Hopefully I can flip it and get more use out of it.
I used a slightly different method from previous covers I've made. I did trace my old cover, but I added two sets of ties to the back of the new cover and elastic at the top and bottom. One method I saw had you make a casing for elastic the entire way around the ironing board cover. I didn't want to use that much elastic, nor did I feel like inching a piece of elastic through such a tortuously long casing.
In the end, my new cover was a wee bit short and required some diaper pins in the back to keep it in place. I thought I was cutting generously when I traced the old cover, but oh well. This is get-er-done-and-functional sewing. The fabric happens to make me giggle, too.
More giggles. They pounced on the jeans legs I had cut off. Otherwise, I have no explanation.
Here, Ben made "a guy" for Phoebe out of her duplo blocks and she kissed him.