Monday, March 27, 2017

A Little Helper in Need of an Apron

There's a kids' apron on the hook in the kitchen, but it's clearly too big for Phoebe at this point.


No matter.  I will sew her an apron, right after I get a big project off my sewing machine (more on that in another post).
helping Mommy make sesame bagels


Phoebe has entered the classic toddler rage-stage of wanting to do adult things without help and without making mistakes.  Oh, how she bellows in rage as she tries to do everything!  And she has also been walking around saying, "Don't laugh!  Don't laugh, Mom!"  By which I take it to mean that she wants to be treated seriously as a contributing member of this household even though her efforts are adorably hilarious.  (And in my defense, I don't laugh at her; I think she actually picked up the phrase from Ben and Genevieve's spats and their sensitivity to anyone making fun of them. She likes to repeat what we say these days, too, which is irresistible to her siblings).

My precious little girl.  You're a pretty good kitchen chum already and you're not even two years old.

6 comments:

Sarah Barry said...

The best - she is so cute and what funny stuff she is saying!

I'm told that I used to tell all the adults "Y'all are making me serious," meaning this is not funny, and I want to be taken seriously.

Polly said...

Oh, she's darling!! What is the apron pattern? It's darling, too!

Becky said...

Sweet toddler helper!

e said...

Already big enough to 'help' in the kitchen! Don't blink, Mama, or she'll be entering school. It goes so fast!

I can't wait to see the miniature apron. Love the one she is swaddled in in the picture.

AmyK said...

Eager toddlers are one of life's greatest joys, in my opinion. I don't know about you, but I really enjoy this stage of childhood.

Lana said...

What a sweetheart! My Grandmother made me an apron when I was 3 and I still have it 53 years later. I also have one of her aprons that I wear now. :) Aprons are a legacy.