Remember this patchwork cushion cover that I made? I asked you to help me analyze why the one side did not look good. You gave me some suggestions, and I ultimately added some more hand quilting. That side was still unattractive to me, so I kept the rich red side flipped up.
Little by little, my desire grew to just replace that strange side entirely, so I began to daydream/design in off moments.
So a few weeks ago, I was able to whip up a green patchwork square with a red corner (the color opposite of the red side). It was so fun! I limited myself to my small scraps, hence the piecing within the strips where I sometimes stirred in another harmonious fabric.
Then I took apart the cushion cover and put in the new one.
I love the results. It makes me happy just to look at the cushion, either side!