Saturday, November 2, 2013

More Vintage-Style Hotpads

I seized on a hotpad during my mother's recent redding out and packing.  I loved its rounds of corduroy, houndstooth, and bright turquoise blanket-stitch.




Inspired, I used some squares of my cutter quilt and blanket-stitched the edges with maroon perle cotton. For extra charm, I put a little tie in each patch.

The hotpads I made are for sale in my etsy shop, and the original is in heavy rotation in my kitchen.

Another vintage hotpad inspired me not long ago:  see it here.

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm humming along on sewing projects - I'll share more in upcoming posts.

2 comments:

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love them

GretchenJoanna said...

I've had a decade-long project going, of making hotpads, to give to my daughters or to friends - I figure that is a gift everyone can use! I like this style because the whole thing can be made without sitting down at the machine...