Friday, August 2, 2013

I Am Never Tired of Gingham

I made 6 more picnic napkins in red gingham, the classic picnic look.  However, don't think these napkins are only for summer, as they work beautifully for any meal away from home, including school lunches.  Do you hate to be reminded that school is coming?  I just cut out a school jumper for Genevieve this evening.

 
So, these napkins are the classic picnic look and I had so much fun staging a little photo shoot with watermelon for them. However, there was a kitchen smear on the camera lens that I only saw after the pictures were uploaded.  Drat.
 
 
The new, un-smeared photos are in my shop.  Whew.
 
And I have a big swath of navy gingham to hem into napkins for our house, too.

4 comments:

Jennifer Jo said...

I love gingham! Those napkins are my favorite.

jenny_o said...

What a pleasing picture; I love the addition of the red band on the white pocket. I am so glad you explained the slight fuzziness - I see this way all the time because of translucent floaters in my eyes, but I thought they had suddenly gotten worse!

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Adorable.... I love gingham check, and red is my favorite... Happy sewing..
Oh... my daughter [and her 2 girls] are all 3 dreading for school to start back.. I do too--- As my 3 girls get so busy, that it is hard for me to see them.. I miss them ,during school.
Can't wait to see the jumper.

BLD in MT said...

I find gingham so charming! Classic.