Friday, October 19, 2012

Off They Go

A big batch of my work went to a local gift shop this week on consignment. (Locals, contact me to get the details if you wish).

hanging hand towels


For the first time, I made pencil rolls that were not special-ordered.  I hope I guessed right on colors and slots!  (By the way, even though they're not currently listed in my etsy shop, you can still order pencil rolls.  I currently have two special orders I'm working on for things not listed in my shop.  Just convo me in etsy.)

crayon wraps - pencil rolls - whatever you call 'em


I finished much of the binding on these hotpads on a roadtrip and also on my bus commute.



I had so much fun with the colors in this set - a riff on autumn and oxblood, the new it-color.


I really like the ribbon on this set, but can you guess why it's there?  (Hiding uneven corners! shhhh!)  Another little joke in these hotpads is that the pink-flowered fabric came from the gift shop manager herself - she had given  me a little bag of pretty scraps a month or so ago and what can I do?  Patchwork, that's what I do.



It's a good feeling to get this large project off my plate.





8 comments:

Lisa said...

They look terrific.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Love your hot pads and the pencil wraps are such a good idea.

Rebecca said...

Everything is gor-geous!

simplicityinthemaking said...

Good for you. All looks great. Wish I had some time to sew. Always something else before I can get on the machine.

Thrifty Mom In Boise said...

I make hanging towels too. Right now I am trying to get a bunch done for a Christmas bazaar. I love your potholders. You have great color combinations and fabrics.

I crocheted 26 sets of potholders for the bazaar so far this month. My goal is 30, almost there.

Sarah Barry said...

What a lovely batch of goods!

As always, I admire your ability to put fabrics together.

A said...

As of today, teatowel on bottom right--SOLD! Potholder, on bottom center--SOLD! I eyed the pencil rolls...love-e-ly fabric combos but resisted. I tried to resist ovreall so you wouldn't be sent back to the sewing machine so soon, but they were just too wonderful.

jenny_o said...

These are beautiful. You have an eye for lovely combinations.