Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Not Worth the Pan They Rode In On

I saw this cute recipe on Pinterest for zucchini tots - little fritter-like things baked in mini-muffin pans that smelled like tater tots while they were baking.  I mean, how could I resist?  There was still zucchini at market for 2 for a buck, so I was in business.


No.  Not in business.  In the pan-cleaning business.  The zucchini tots tasted just fine, especially with a roaring cocktail sauce, but I realized as I was prying the tots out of the muffin tins, that I was going to be scrubbing muffin tins a good long time. 



I use muffin papers for a reason!  Why did I not think this through first?  The tins are soaking for the third time in the sink.  If I owned non-stick muffin tins, maybe these would become part of my repertoire.  Instead, I'm going to stick with vegetarian crab crakes.

Linking up with Eat Make Grow!

3 comments:

BLD in MT said...

It does sound really good, but yeah, not a fan of scrubbing. Not at all.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

eeek.... hate when this happens.. I have an old muffin tin that I have had for 30 yrs.. I really need a new non stick kind..ha

Joyce said...

Would love to make these, also my husband taught me a trick for getting cooked off easily. We usually do this with pans, but it might work, fill the pans with water and place them on the stove. The heat and water will loosen the food up. Followed you here from the Eat, Make, Grow Blog Hop.