Friday, August 17, 2012

Genevieve's Free Professional Haircut

The first time I saw the JCPenney's ad for free kids' haircuts in August, I thought there must be a catch.  The second time I saw the ad, I believed it.


So Genevieve got a good 8" whacked off her hair by a pro for free.  (I did tip the stylist, so technically the cut was not free).  Furthermore, we went directly to Penney's and directly out when the cut was finished, so I didn't even impulse-shop as I'm sure they wanted - I had canning projects waiting at home!


Genevieve is delighted with her preppy little bob. I wished we had done it at the beginning of summer, to avoid the tears and travail of tangled-up hair through swimming lessons, the beach, and general summer laziness.  I will miss braiding her hair or seeing her ponytails swish, but it will grow back.

7 comments:

jodi said...

She is so cute and I love the new hair cut! I always wondered if there was a catch with the free Penny's haircut. Glad to know there's not, especially if you just get a hair cut and then leave with no impulse shopping :)

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

She looks adorable.. And a free cut ..how nice..You were smart to get the haircut and not wonder around,.Tooo tempting.lol

loves2spin said...

Perfect!

Jennifer Jo said...

I was wondering about that ad! What ages do the kids have to be? Is an appointment necessary?

Unknown said...

How cute! I wish they'd had that when I had 3 girls at home :) I figured it was a "get thn in the sotre and they'll buy something else" mode. I LOVE her skirt, adorable!

Margo said...

Jennifer Jo, I think it's school age (K-12) and you need an appointment. One of the ads said "while they last" so there might be a limited amount of appointments per salon.

Crystal said...

Margo, I had the exact same reaction. I called the second time I saw the ad and got an appointment. Jennifer, they said it's good until the end of August, so you might have time. Anika got a very similar cut to Genevieve's. I took the kids to lunch using coupons we had gotten from the library. Including the tip for the haircut and a drink and fries for me, it was still a thrifty excursion. And the kiddos thought it was the best to go to a restaurant for lunch!