Saturday, July 7, 2012

Tried Recipes + Reviews

I have a Pinterest board called "Tried Recipes + Reviews."  I am making Pinterest useful in my life, not just another waste of time online when I myself could be making something, could be engaged in my life.  It is so easy to just float along admiring other people's projects! Or getting jealous and feeling inferior, which is corrosive.

So.  I look through the recipes I have pinned occasionally, and one or two usually pique my interest and I try them.  Some of the experiments don't end up here on the blog because I didn't take a photo or the photo is bad (that didn't stop me in the early days of this blog!).

Have you tried some new recipes recently?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your collection is a mouthwatering one, Margo; I restrained myself from looking at the whole thing.

I also saw Amy Karol's post about crushing berries into the syrup - yeah, that one caught my eye. And I keep seeing shrub everywhere, called by different names, but it still sounds real good. Clafoutis is also something I have been wanting to try for a long time.

I have so many recipes which I clipped from magazines, I try to avoid looking at too many online recipes.

The one called Crash Hot Potatoes looks a lot like the Smashed Potato recipe I saw recently in Everyday Food. They were good!

Unknown said...

I just made a new potao salad recipe yesterday for a potluck, everyone loved it! I like to try new things, as I sometimes get bored with my own cooking :)

Unknown said...

I'vd just awarded your blog the "One Lovely Blog Award"! Check my website on what you can do to pass it on and share some fun info! Congrats!