Friday, October 21, 2011

Reading Recently


Hotel Paradise, Cold Flat Junction, Belle Ruin - by Martha Grimes; a new one just came out.  The pace is very slow, but the writing is good.


Tiny tablescape by Ben. . .


 next to Downstairs the Queen is Knitting by Dorcas Smucker.  These are either blog posts or newspaper columns that she wrote about family life and being a mother.  Well-written, funny, and tender.   A breath of fresh air right now.

I also just finished Mindless Eating by Brian Wansick, recommended by Anna at Pleasant View.  That will get its own post soon.

I'm always open to reading recommendations. . .

3 comments:

Dorcas said...

I decided to read my blog stats this morning and found your interesting site, and there was my book on your table, and that made me very happy.

BLD in MT said...

Mindless Eating was a real awakening for me. Not to mention just super fascinating! Even though its been years since I read it I still talk about it. I just told my friend about it last week! I will be looking forward to your post on it.

Polly said...

I love Mindless Eating! The book, not the activity!

Ohhh I love new book recommendations and references. I may add these to my (extremely lengthy) list!!